Halloween Monster Mayhem
SUGAR LAND (Oct. 5, 2017) – Something spooky this way comes to the Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center – A Very Special Project of the Children’s Museum of Houston! A myriad of magic, mystery and monsters have maneuvered their way into the Discovery Center for three weeks of Halloween! Come partake in spine-tingling experiments, spirit-lifting activities and slime-filled fun during our “Halloween Monster Mayhem” from Oct. 10 to 31, 2017. Meander your way through the museum in search of goblins, goodies and goo! Set out on a trick-or-treat monster hunt every day from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and all day Saturday!
HALLOWEEN MONSTER MAYHEM SPECIAL EVENTS:
POOL NOODLE MONSTERS
Saturday, Oct. 21
Feathers, antennas and googly eyes! Challenge your imagination to create the quirkiest creature of all out of a pool noodle at OcuSOFT® Art Academy.
Saturday, Oct. 28
Beware the blob! We’re going gaga for goo as we’re experiencing a slime breach. You’re invited to help us overcome this gelatinous hiccup by probing slime. It creeps. It crawls. It’s a dose of gross!
MONSTER FEET MAKING
Tuesday, Oct. 31
Let the ghoul times roll as you make monstrous feet. Then, trick-or-treat away. Be sure to come dressed in your most boo-tiful or frightfully freaky costume!
HALLOWEEN MONSTER MAYHEM WONDERWEEKS:
Oct. 13 – 19
It’s alive! This electrifying WonderWeek is sure to bring your creativity to life.
- Create a work of art that is simply glowing in OcuSOFT® Art Academy.
- Wire together your own freaky Frankenstein and bride of Frankenstein masks at Junktion.
- Your hair will stand up end when you strand together a mad scientist wig at Junktion.
- Inspect the unexpected when you engineer your own mad scientist goggles at Junktion.
- Make ghoulish monsters come alive in 3-D by creating hologram pyramids at Science Station.
Oct. 20 – 26
Double, double, toil and trouble! Shakespeare couldn’t have imagined the trouble brewing.
- Mix potions and crazy color concoctions as you create your own bubble art of bats, cats and cauldrons in OcuSOFT® Art Academy.
- Concoct enchanting Popsicle stick potion bottles with the eye of newt and scale of dragon and encase the magic or piece together a craft stick creature at Junktion.
- Design a sugar skull mask in honor of “Día de los Muertos” at Junktion.
- Fly off to the moon when you craft your own Witch’s Broom at Junktion.
- Conjure up dry ice ghost bubbles and watch them vanish before your eyes in Science Station.
DOSE OF GROSS
Oct. 27 – Nov. 2
This WonderWeek is sure to prescribe a dose of gross! We have a host of chemistry-related activities for you to explore.
- Create your own color-changing fizzy pumpkin at OcuSOFT® Art Academy.
- Piece together a fabric mythical monster at Junktion.
- Create a kazoo-like instrument, and bring on the monsters at Junktion.
- Become one of the walking dead as you string together a monster mask at Junktion.
- Explore the science behind a belly ache and its “gas”tly effects at Science Station.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
ABOUT FORT BEND CHILDREN’S DISCOVERY CENTER
Ranked as one of the “Top 10 Things to Do in Sugar Land” on TripAdvisor, The Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center is a Playground for Your Mind™. It is dedicated to transforming communities through innovative, child-centered learning with a vision to spark a passion for lifelong learning in all children. Located at 198 Kempner St., Sugar Land, TX 77498 in the Historic Imperial Market, the Discovery Center offers a multitude of innovative exhibits and bilingual learning programs for kids ages birth to 12 years. Admission is $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older and for members of the military. HOURS are Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, please visit www.childrensdiscoveryfb.org or call (832) 742-2800. Also, “like” the Museum on Facebook, www.facebook.com/FortBendDiscoveryCenter Can your mind come out to play?™