Full STEM Ahead WonderWeek
Come explore the science, technology, engineering, and math with several hands-on activities during our Full STEM Ahead WonderWeek kicking off Nov. 10- 16. Learn how to design a 3-D version of Gustav Klimit’s famous “tree of life,” explore the physical properties of important substances by identifying the mass, volume, and density, and engineer your own pinwheel.
- Tree of Life Sculptures: Design a 3-D version of Gustav Klimt’s famous The Tree of Life at OcuSOFT® Art Academy.
- Pinwheel Power: Engineer your own pinwheel and learn about turbines at Junktion.
- Balancing Popsicle Sticks: Make your own balancing popsicle stick and learn about center of gravity at Junktion.
- Wood pecking Bird: Create a unique woodpecker and watch as he slides down a rubber band at Junktion.
- Stacking Cups: Race against the clock and see if you can build the tallest tower possible without causing it to fall over at Math Cart.
- Density Test: – Think like a scientist! Collect data and perform a test to discover which sample in a pair of commercially-used materials has a greater density at Science Station.
- Physics In Toys: Center of Mass – Explore the roles played by the center of mass and torque as you balance an object on a single point at Science Station.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.